With the forecast here calling for more snow, this is another great recipe to chase away the winter chills!
And it's another slow cooker recipe...time-saving, yet delicious!
- 2 pounds beef boneless bottom or top round, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium stalks of celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Herb Dumplings (Below)
- Mix all ingredients except water, flour, and Herb Dumplings in 3-1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours (or high heat setting 4-5 hours) or until vegetables and beef are tender. Mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture.
- Prepare Herb Dumplings. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot beef mixture. Cover and cook on high heat setting 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean.
Mix 1-1/2 cups Bisquick Original baking mix, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, and 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled. Stir in 1/2 cup milk just until baking mix is moistened.
Stay warm and Enjoy!