Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Week At The Cottage

I'm just one of those people who functions so much better when there is organization, schedules, and an overall sense of an established routine. This is probably attributed to spending the past fourteen years raising a child with Autism...we are not that "spur of the moment" family. Any type of outing has to be planned at least a couple of days in advance with expectations of behavior and social guidelines well established beforehand. This has become the norm for us...and so I've decided to "organize" my blog and establish a schedule here as well. So, let's take a peek at this coming week:
Monday:
As part of the Southern Literature Reading Challenge, I'll be posting my review of Daughters of the Dust by Julie Dash. I'm very excited about sharing this with you...what a delightful read this has been!
Tuesday:
This is the day I tend to participate in several recipe hops, so I'll be posting another family favorite.  Often times I'll become so engrossed in a good book that I forget to plan something for dinner...this is why many of my recipes involve the slow cooker now....lol.
Wednesday:
Wednesday's Writer is a new series I'll be hosting here to highlight some of my favorite writers, both classic and contemporary from a wide array of genres.
  This will be a "Blog Hop" so be sure to stop by and link up your post with your favorite writer as well!
Thursday:
Book Review: Hope Burned by Brent LePorte
Friday:
The Classics Re-visited with Fahrenheit 451 By Ray Bradbury
Have a wonderful week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. hello. following from the blog hop. you can find my blog at...

    www.ecomodernmom..com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your blog (I've subscribed to you on my rss reader), and that I am extremely excited to see what you have to say about Fahrenheit 451! From what I have read so far, I find it rather remarkable, and I look forward to finishing it in the future. Keep up the good work!

    -James
    Short Story Addict

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, opinions, and comments in general!